The Power of the Mind
The mind is undoubtedly the most powerful tool that we as humans possess. We can use it to help us accomplish our goals, or let it drag us down to the depths of failure. This philosophy has been long regarded. Roman Emperor, Marcus Aurelius is famously quoted as stating “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realise this, and you will find strength.”
Even further back in history, Buddha cited "The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
But how many of us are utilising our minds to positive effect? Do you use your mind to its optimal level to get to that new level? Learning how to use the power of the mind can improve your life, change your habits, achieve success. Here are some top tips to consider:
- Visualisation: For this you will need to be able to concentrate and have the ability to visualise. Take time away from the office, find a quiet serine space and think about what you want to achieve and then visualise yourself doing it, achieving it. Soak in the positive feeling and harness that positivity. When you have doubt, remind yourself of the feeling and images associated with the achievement.
- Motivation: Is another mental and emotional power that you require for achieving success. How can you achieve anything if you are not motivated enough? To increase your motivation and enthusiasm, think often of your goal, about its advantages and benefits, and how it will change your life. Doing so, will strengthen your motivation.
- Smiling improves mood: Scientists have known for a long time that ‘Facial Feedback Hypothesis’ can have positive emotional responses. By changing your body through actions such as smiling, sitting up straight and relaxing, creates positive mindset.
- Positivity: Making a conscious decision to think optimistically rather than pessimistically will improve your positive mindset. Avoid seeing the bad things and focus on the good, this will not only aid you, but also those around you.
- Serotonin: Is an essential brain chemical that increases will power, delays gratification, and increases attention to detail. You can help your brain to create more of this naturally by safely exposing yourself to the sun’s UV light; which when absorbed through the skin produces Vitamin D, promoting the production of serotonin. Also, exercising not only boosts your endorphin levels but also serotonin.
Being disciplined and focused with a positive mindset means your customers are more likely to be engaged, teams more motivated and the right objectives are met. We work with teams and individuals to ensure they are all aligned to the goal and consider the behaviours that will best enable them to get there.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help you and your teams have the right mindset, contact us: email@example.com