Getting all the customer touch points right
Companies spend a lot of time, effort and money creating brand identities and the image or impression it wants to portray for their products or services through marketing campaigns and advertising. Yet, many seem to neglect the fact that their company is also a brand and attention should be spent ensuring that it too is portraying the impression it wants to portray.
This is crucial when interacting with customers – those retailers and wholesalers who are purchasing your goods. Why? Because bottom line, if they don’t like an interaction they have had with your organisation, whether it be through an individual or even a generic communication email, they may choose never to buy your products again.
We work with our customers to ensure they think about all the customer touchpoints, their impact and their influence. We see this at the heart of our Pure Blue Ocean Success System:
- Strategy – Is your strategy conducive or aligned to your customers to get to mutual desired outcomes? If you and your customer are pulling in different directions, neither of you will ever get the results you want.
- Rhythm - By understanding your customers rhythm, you can align yours. If you know when your customer is planning for the next financial year, this is when you need to start driving the positive conversations to aid in growing your business and theirs. Knowing when their delivery dates and key meetings are means you can position your discussions at the right time and with the right contributions.
- Mindset – Everyone in your organisation should be conveying the right behaviours and disciplines as set out by your company values and strategy.
- Tools – Providing the right tools, both internal systems and frameworks and external aid in better behaviours and disciplines. Tools should be lean and effective processes that accelerate performance and enhance interaction with your customers.
- Skills – Having great tools is one thing but knowing how to use it is another. Ensure you are providing your teams the right skills to execute their roles effectively. Providing training and core skills to interact positively with customers.
- Metrics - Objectives are an effective way to measure performance of an organisation, but do they drive the right behaviours? If not thought through, they can be more detrimental in driving the wrong behaviours as some may do the wrong thing in order to achieve them; Objectives should also be those that you can influence and measure them?
So, have you got all your customer touch points right? If you would like to know more, contact us at email@example.com or check out our customer experience page https://www.pureblueocean.com/what-we-do/customer-experience/